Saturday, August 31, 2013

Zoey's Big Girl Room

Zoey's "big girl" room is officially finished.  We are by no means interior decorators but we had so much fun with her room.   Hope you enjoy the tour!

The view into Zoey's room.

Jerrod built Zoey's bed and the plaques that her letters are on mostly from reclaimed wood. I found the letters at Hobby Lobby and painted them.  Her blanket on her bed and her pillow with her name was made by her JoJo.  

Zoey loves her bed.  She sleeps in it every night... for at least part of the night. haha!  The polkadot fitted sheet is from Target, solid pillow cases are from Walmart and the fabric from the headboard is from JoAnn's.


Another view of Zoey's room.  

The chevron bench is also a toy chest which is just awesome for storage!!!  The clock and the toy chest is from Ross and the picture boxes with leftover fabric were some decorative items we used in our old house. I just painted them white and put in swatches of fabric that is in her room.  The ABC print and Hope print I made and the other two I found for free on Pinterest. :)

 Jerrod made this little kitchen from a nightstand that I had in my room when I was little.  This was Zoey's birthday gift from us.  JoJo sewed the skirt for us.  This was a fun project!!!

JoJo made the curtains.  That pink fabric is showing up a little more red on my end than it is in person.  It is a deep magenta in real life.  The cute chevron flowers are made of the ribbon at the top.  I believe both the green and pink fabrics we found at Hobby Lobby.

 Another view of Zoey's room... and here's where your tour is interupted by a little toddler monster.  IT is her room after all so I let her stay. :)

We really need to work on our "cheese" face... she's just so cute though!!!


This changing station/dresser was also in my room growing up. I painted it white and we found the fun knobs at Hobby Lobby.  The fan we found at a home consignment sale and also painted.  I can't wait to put a picture of Zoey and Norah in the "Sisters" frame Beck gave us that perfectly matches Zoey's room.

 This is Zoey's reading corner.

Jerrod made this lamp from a bird cage we found at Ross! I'm so spoiled I tell ya.

This chair was in my dad's room when he was a kid. I love the details and we painted it a lime green to match the room.  JoJo made the pillow.


So like I said, we are no interior decorators but we wanted Zoey to have a room that matched her personality... fun, spirited and girly.  We love you Zoey!!!!!











1 comment:

The Giggling Bunnies said...

Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog and I must say you certainly are blessed to have daughters that are very cute and adorable!