Monday, December 8, 2014

Homestudy, Timing, and Laughing

We received our home study packet!!!

We are so excited to get this part started or really any part for that matter.  I am so excited to see what the Lord has planned for this next year.  This has been all Him from the get go.  I mean we have always known adoption would be part of our family but the timing of this is ALL Him.  He has made it so abundantly clear He wants us to do this now, so we are acting in obedience and super excited. We are excited… have I mentioned "excited"?  Yea we're excited. ;)

The Lord has always been in control of our lives but I think it's just now in my life where I'm to a place that I'm letting Him lead.  Not always willingly. But I am at least reluctantly letting Him lead.  This has been a huge lesson for me lately.  You see, we had planned to start all this next year.  We had decided that when Norah turned two on Sept. 5, 2015, we would turn in our application to an agency and get started.  But the Lord had different plans.

He started putting adoption all up in our business. It was everywhere we turned… every song on the radio mentioned it, every scripture I opened to read referenced it, the sermon on Sunday morning was about it, and the following sermon was about conviction and letting go of our reservations for higher callings.  The Lord all but plastered "START THE ADOPTION PROCESS NOW" on my bedroom ceiling.  We have heard him in nearly every nook and cranny of our lives speaking adoption to us over the past two months.  And as we have stepped out on faith, He has moved mountains and provided as He always does.

I have to be honest… when He kept bringing up adoption during my days, I laughed.  Just as Sarah laughed when the Lord told her at the ripe old age of 90 she would have a child… "So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, 'After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?'" (Genesis 18:12).  I mean come on… I have two very young children, one of which requires a bit more attention for her special medical needs.  I by no means feel overwhelmed in my life but this just seems too soon.  It seems laughable.

But, even as I laugh and question the timing of all this, I know in my heart this is what He wants us to do right now.  And because He has shown us time and time again that living in His will is the best place to be, that is where we are striving to be… humbly answering His call in obedience and excitedly starting this journey.



Now if anyone wants to come write down my home address and phone number 500 times let me know.  The paperwork is craziness!  Holy moly at the paper work and background checks and fingerprints and physicals and rabies shots (not us the dogs duh).  I mean if everyone had to do all this to have a baby… that right there would be effective birth control. Ha!  So if you need me, I'll just be sitting here writing my address, phone number and other personal information over and over and over and over and over…

No comments: