Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pregnancy with Norah: Weeks 35-37


  • Maternity clothes? Oh yes and some are getting too small.  Goodness...
  • Movement? Norah doesn't move as much but when she does it almost takes my breath away b/c the movements are so big.
  • Sleep? Sleep stinks to be frank.  I can't get comfortable.  My side, hip, legs hurt. Or, I feel like I can't breath.  
  • Symptoms? Definitely out of breath and my feet are disgustingly swollen.  It's gross!
  • Food cravings? Everything.  That's all. ;)
  • Labor signs? I have had some real contractions... like real painful ones but nothing came of them.
  • Best moment of the past few weeks? All the food I've eaten... just kidding.  I would have to say my doctor's appointment yesterday was pretty exciting.  More on that in a few lines...


  • I had my last OB appointment on Friday, Aug. 30 (yesterday).  My awesome OB offered me an ultrasound so I took her up on it.  Norah is head down-ish.  Her head is kind of to the side but Dr. Logan said she would consider that head down b/c during labor she would become perfectly positioned. She is facing my back which is great for delivery.  They estimate that she is weighing about 6 lbs. 12 oz. which is incredible considering Zoey was 4 lbs. 3 oz at 37 weeks and 4 days when she was born.  They tried to take a look at her ventricles and it appears that the levels have gone up slightly but it's hard to tell b/c of her position and their machinery isn't as high tech as the ones at UAB.

    Now we head to UAB on Wednesday, Sept. 4 for our possible last appointment before Norah's birth.  They will do a biophysical profile, measure her head to see if she is good to go for delivery, check her ventricles and finally do an amnio to test for lung maturity.  As long as everything looks good to go, we will schedule an induction time for the following day.  Early Thursday morning between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. we will get a call with the results of the amnio.  If her lungs are mature we will head on in for induction.  I am 1 cm dialated right now so I'm not sure if I'm progressed enough for induction by their standards.  Hopefully all those questions will be answered when we head up on Wednesday.  That means Norah will likely be born Sept. 5 or 6.  Sept. 6 is our 5 year wedding anniversary! What an awesome anniversary gift!  

    As far as Norah's brain surgery... that will be decided after she arrives.  It will likely take place within 3 days after birth. I'm sure that will be a very very very long and nerve-racking day.  :)

    We absolutely can't wait to meet you Norah!  


    Here is are two 35.5 weeks belly shots!

    No comments: